1.2.09

Our Turn to Change


Dear YHTALMM enthusiasts,

As I'm sure you've heard, 2009 is a year of change--and our blog has no intention of being left in the era without change. We're changing too: in fact we've been in the midst of changing for the last few months. Months, that we're sure to you, seemed like months of silence. And in some ways this is true--my midrest stirrings have ceased and I no longer awaken to find food wrappers strewn in my sheets. While I'm grateful for said "clean" emergences into consciousness, I am not convinced that I have overcome the beast who demands to be fed while I rest. Instead, I believe I have catered (no pun intended) to the monster. Recently I have taken a job that sometimes keeps me up until five or so in the morning and my sleep-patterns have been disrupted entirely by the upheaval. The result, as far as I am can see, is that I now eat and eat consciously during the hours I would otherwise "sleep-eat".

What I am trying to confess is that I've given myself over to my illness and allow it to walk with me everywhere, anytime. What this means for the blog is the exact same thing. We no longer feel the need to transform our desires and remorse into a functioning Doctor Jekyll. In the coming days and weeks my colleague and I will resume You Have to Always Love Me More as a blog that now considers "sleep-eating" or what lays beneath "normal" desires as a Hyde who has triumphed.

No comments: